Oracle Applications 11i (Oracle e business Suite) has a feature called Multi-Organization, what brought a lot of benefits for an Organization which has multiple business units. Using the Multi-Organization enhancement, this kind of company will need only one single instance to support its business, keeping transactions data separate and secure.
This model allows you to support any number of business units on a single instance of any Oracle Applications product, even if those business units use different Set Of Books. Now we are able to define different structures to customize Oracle Applications according to our business need.
The basics business needs are:
- Sell products from a legal entity which uses one set of books and, ship them from another legal entity using a different set of books.
- Purchase products through one legal entity and receive them in another legal entity.
- Use a single installation of Oracle Applications product to support any number of organization
- Support any number of legal entities within a single installation of Oracle Applications.
- Secure access to data, so users can access only the information that is relevant to Them
The Oracle Applications multi-org structure is defined base on the picture Above
This structure is the first definition that has to be done when implementing Oracle e-Business suite. It has to be done carefully, since it is not possible to change after it is defined in the system. After the structure has already been defined, the Multi-Organization Company will be ready to use the single instance of Oracle Applications.