The Pricing Engine Request Viewer window captures the pricing call from any calling application such as Order Management, and displays the inputs and outputs of the pricing call.
The information displayed by the Pricing Engine Request Viewer helps us to diagnose which lines were selected or rejected by the pricing engine to determine why certain prices and adjustments were or were not applied. The Pricing Engine Request Viewer displays the most recent pricing request each time the pricing engine captures a new transaction.
The Pricing Engine Request Viewer window is available in Oracle Order Management using the following navigation path
Sales Orders à Tools à Pricing Engine Request Viewer.
Features available in the Pricing Engine Request Viewer window
Using the Pricing Engine Request Viewer window, we can do the following:
1. View Pricing Engine Requests
2. View Pricing Engine Request Lines
2.1. List Price
2.2. Selling Price
2.3. Service and Serviceable Items
3. View Pricing Engine Request Line Details
3.1. Price List lines and Modifier lines evaluated and deleted by the pricing engine
Process for the Pricing Engine Request Viewer
The following process outlines the series of activities when a pricing call is made:
- The calling application makes a call to build qualifiers and builds the contexts through sourcing.
- The calling application then calls the pricing engine with the attributes generated by attribute mapping.
- The pricing engine processes the request then searches for and evaluates eligible price list and modifier lines.
- If the profile option QP Debug is set to Request Viewer On, then the pricing engine inserts records into the permanent pricing debug tables and generates a unique request ID, storing the information from the calling application.
- The pricing request information can then be viewed by querying the request in the Pricing Engine Request Viewer from the OM Sales Order Pad or through the Pricing Manager responsibility menu.
Setting up the user profile options
Set the value of this profile option to Request Viewer to capture pricing request details into the pricing debug tables, and debug log information into the debug log table. The debug log text file is also created. The default value is Request Viewer Off. Must set this value to “Request Viewer On” at user
Check The Screen below after setting up above profile