Order Import is an open interface that consists of open interface tables and set of API’s. By using order import you can New, updated, or changed sales orders from other applications.
Order Import can do following things for you
3. Processing Constraints checks
4. Applying and releasing of order holds
5. Scheduling of shipments
Order management checks all the data during the import process to ensure its validity with Order management So be prepare for anything horrible. Valid Transactions then converted into orders with lines, reservations, price adjustments, and sales credits in the OM base tables.
Following are Prerequisites for order Import
1. Setup Order Management
2. Customer Should Be Created along with bill to and ship to
3. Pricing Should Be Defined for all those items which are part of upload
4. Item Should be assigned to Inventory organization
5. Define Order Import Source
6. Payment Terms Should be Setup
7. Currency should be setup if order currency is different from SOB currency then conversion rate and conversion type should be defined