1) Restored the backup from the tape to the source destination.
2) Changed the ownership of all the directories.
chown -R appltest:dba *
chown -R oratest:dba * — Incase its multi-user.
3) Created a control file in the name of control.sql
In the source database … issue conmmand … alter database backup control file to trace;
We would find the trace file in udump.
Modify he contents of the control.sql to match the structure in the destination.
4) Changed the environment file to have the necessary settings and set the environment. Once you source th .env … it woulgive you the errors where it does not match and you may make the changes accordingly in various files.
.env file … please make sure that we change all the .env files. Even the ones in 8.0.6 and iAS Oracle Home along with the Appl_Top.
Also make the changes in the listener.ora, tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora.
Rename the folders too.
Make the changes in the .xml file.
Changes required would be in the hostname, Location, DB name, OS owners of Application and Database.
5) Source the environment file
6) Change the initSID.ora for correct control file location and bdump,cdump,udump
7) Rename the existing control and log files.
mv cntrl01.dbf cntrl01.dbf.bak
mv log01a.dbf log01a.dbf.bak
8) sqlplus “/as sysdba”
This will create the control file.
9) alter database open resetlogs;
10) lsnrctl start DBNAME
Sinc ewe have made the changes in the listener file we would not have any difficulties.
11) Run AutoConfig on the DBTIER.
12) Run the following in order to clean the nodes in the database.
The Databse would have the entries for the Source DB.
If you query: select node_name, node_id, server_id from fnd_nodes; — you would see that.
TO make sure that its cleaned up, you can also test with the following query:
select session_cookie_domain from icx_parameters;
This would provide no results.
Shutdown the DB Listener and DB … Start the DB and DB Listener.
Re-run AutoConfig on the DB node.
13) Run AutoConfig on the Application tier as we have made the changes on the Application side files.
14) Get the application services up and check the URL.
15) If you do face issues in getting the managers up and running … shutdown only the application and run cmclean.sql (available on metalink)
If you still face any issues … go to profile — system — query for %GSM% — Modify to NO … Save the changes and bounce the application.
The application and the Database should work fine after this.
Thanks To Mr. Fouad for sharing .