I was implementing Oracle Business Intelligence Application 7.9.6. on one client site in Middle East . Everything was fine when my data warehouse was on Oracle Database 10.1.X but on DBA suggestion they changed it to 10.2.0.1.0 . once they changed Database version. it was disaster for me whenever i ran the task from DAC it was showing me Account is Locked…..duhhhhh.
Now DBA was no taking the responsibility at all, by saying this it’s some issue with DAC or TASK. but case was not that at all but i was not able to prove it 😦
After some research i got to know in Oracle 10.2 they setup the default option for “FAILED_LOGIN_ATTEMPTS” as 10 so after 10 unsuccessful attempts DAC is Locking user Name i just used following SQL Statement to rectify this issue 🙂
Alter Profile “DEFAULT” LIMIT FAILED_LOGIN_ATTEMPTS UNLIMITED;